"Blended" - Self Portrait

DGMPhotography

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Had some fun with my color gels. What do you think?

Blended_Daryll Morgan Photography-1.jpg

Thank you!

The highlights are a bit harsh in my opinion, causing some rather oversaturated tones. Less power on those kickers might get better results.

I like the gels on the background more than on the subject. B&W version might be better.

The highlights are a bit harsh in my opinion, causing some rather oversaturated tones. Less power on those kickers might get better results.

Possibly, but I'm happy with how it turned out. Maybe next time I'll experiment a little more.

I like the gels on the background more than on the subject. B&W version might be better.

I'm afraid you lack creativity, my friend. In this, I am 100% confident that there is a place for this type of work. And I realize that's a matter of personal choice.

Possibly, but I'm happy with how it turned out. Maybe next time I'll experiment a little more.

I'm afraid you lack creativity, my friend. In this, I am 100% confident that there is a place for this type of work. And I realize that's a matter of personal choice.
Someone offers you legitimate feedback without any personal remarks towards you or your skill as a photographer, and you thank them by telling them that they lack creativity. Why do you even ask what others think if you don't want to hear it?

Someone offers you legitimate feedback without any personal remarks towards you or your skill as a photographer, and you thank them by telling them that they lack creativity. Why do you even ask what others think if you don't want to hear it?

I'm perfectly fine hearing it. I never silenced his ability to comment. Simply a matter of opinion. Relax, man.

conceptually i love the idea, but I think this would be a stronger photo just as a single person portrait. im just not feeling much love for the background images.
I think you did a good job balancing the two flashes out.
is that a blue gel or just bare flash camera left?
this would be rock solid as a tall portrait with just the middle image.

conceptually i love the idea, but I think this would be a stronger photo just as a single person portrait. im just not feeling much love for the background images.
I think you did a good job balancing the two flashes out.
is that a blue gel or just bare flash camera left?
this would be rock solid as a tall portrait with just the middle image.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Either solo, or if the sides were different people, almost like a movie poster.

It was a blue gel. And camera center I had a purple gel glamour-style light set up. The idea was to "blend," from red to blue.

I'm perfectly fine hearing it. I never silenced his ability to comment. Simply a matter of opinion. Relax, man.
No need to tell me to relax, I'm simply making an observation. I don't think there's any good reason to tell someone they lack creativity because they gave you an opinion that you asked for is all.

No need to tell me to relax, I'm simply making an observation. I don't think there's any good reason to tell someone they lack creativity because they gave you an opinion that you asked for is all.

You seem to be a bit heated, and I'd rather not discuss with people who are being emotional. In any event, we've moved past it.

You seem to be a bit heated, and I'd rather not discuss with people who are being emotional. In any event, we've moved past it.
Ok, you need to stop gaslighting me. Not cool. I don't appreciate manipulative BS like this.

Ok, you need to stop gaslighting me. Not cool. I don't appreciate manipulative BS like this.

Not sure what you mean. But if I offended you in anyway, I'm sorry.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back