"Blended" - Self Portrait

@DanOstergren I appreciate your sentiment and I wholeheartedly concur, but I gave my opinion and any comments to me after that were ignored, I was not here for a lesson, just to comment my opinion.
One person's rudeness is nothing to get upset about.
As Ghandi said, Be the change you wish to see in the world.

@DGMPhotography Thanks for your opinion of my opinion, but my opinion is nonetheless a valid one in spite of your attempt to pretend otherwise.
As long as you have a camera you have the ability to improve and I hope you continue to do so. Accepting critiques is a step towards that goal.

@DanOstergren I appreciate your sentiment and I wholeheartedly concur, but I gave my opinion and any comments to me after that were ignored, I was not here for a lesson, just to comment my opinion.
One person's rudeness is nothing to get upset about.
As Ghandi said, Be the change you wish to see in the world.

@DGMPhotography Thanks for your opinion of my opinion, but my opinion is nonetheless a valid one in spite of your attempt to pretend otherwise.
As long as you have a camera you have the ability to improve and I hope you continue to do so. Accepting critiques is a step towards that goal.

I accept your critique. But I don't agree with it - I believe in some situations a gel is better for the background. But in others, it works just fine on the subject.

Gel'n like a felon

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

It's an interesting look. Believe it or not the two subdued images to each side work well. The photo itself doesn't jazz me but the concept does if you get me on that. Since it was an experiment into a different art form I like the concept.

It's an interesting look. Believe it or not the two subdued images to each side work well. The photo itself doesn't jazz me but the concept does if you get me on that. Since it was an experiment into a different art form I like the concept.

Thanks for the feedback! May I ask what you think could be improved about the photo?

I don't know how to do a quote DGM LOL, but here is my thoughts. I like the concept. BUT, it looks to me like you chose blue and red\magenta colors. I would think more in artistic opposition. In other words, blue is cold, orange is warm. Red favors green on the complimentary scale. To me artistically it would serve the image more if the colors were competing cold vs warm. Or magenta/yellow. For me you chose two dark colors for the center image. I would have preferred to see one dark, one light, thus showing the darkness and the brightness in a single image. Do keep in mind though that art is purely subjective. I do like the split. But to me it isn't justified since the colors aren't complimentary and thus competing. Am I clear as mud? LOL! Good and evil so to speak...

I don't know how to do a quote DGM LOL, but here is my thoughts. I like the concept. BUT, it looks to me like you chose blue and red\magenta colors. I would think more in artistic opposition. In other words, blue is cold, orange is warm. Red favors green on the complimentary scale. To me artistically it would serve the image more if the colors were competing cold vs warm. Or magenta/yellow. For me you chose two dark colors for the center image. I would have preferred to see one dark, one light, thus showing the darkness and the brightness in a single image. Do keep in mind though that art is purely subjective. I do like the split. But to me it isn't justified since the colors aren't complimentary and thus competing. Am I clear as mud? LOL! Good and evil so to speak...

That's certainly another way to go about it. My initial thought when going into it was "Blended," so I thought it would be cool to use red and blue because together they make purple, and that's the mood I wanted to go for.

As I said DGM, art is subjective. Doesn't mean my thoughts are right. It is just how I think of things.

Most reactions

Back