Bling innit

Mohain

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.gtbphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was made by my wife and shot by me. I've added a touch of PS lens-flare. I think the cheesiness of it works given the subject matter. The piece is actually quite large and heavy which this picture doesn't really convey.

_MG_1535.jpg

Nice piece and an interesting display - the flare detracts from it imo. Interested to see what others think.

This caught my interest--- at first I thought it was on a gorilla's stomach, or maybe hanging off of a dog because of the unique color and texture of your background. :p
I think that works well here, though. The flare is a bit awkward, but otherwise I think it's a good go for product photography. :thumbup:

At first, also I thought this was put on a dog or so, the "cloth" you used is quite "fur-like"! Nice.
Not sure about the PS flare, but now at last I see what a PS flare would look like. (After I took all those "flaring raindrop"-pics the other day with genuine flares or sunbursts or whatever you might call them). But if you say that the cheesiness of the artificial flare matches the subject given then who am I to contradict ;) ?!?!?!

Haha yes, I've had the dog comment a few times now :p

To late to reshoot as it's going to the person who commissioned it tonight!

I like it, I just wish the chain wan't OOF at the top.

I'd really like to see a crop where, like mike said, the OOF part of the chain was removed, and set the image to monotone and layer mask it to remove the color from your "fur". About three quarters up the "fur" has a brown hue to it and to me, is distracting since I want to see black and silver only. Dont turn the whole thing black and white though, it will take away from the reflection in the silver IMO.

i thought it looked more like a horse or a cow... lol, but i like the flare in it, i think it DOES add to the subject matter. cool picture

The hot spot is really tough on my eyes. I love the background. I think heavy diffusion and or lots of foamcore is the way to go. I also love your wife's work. Do she have a website or something?

LUV AND BASS

Most reactions

Back