Bliss - a Canal Bridge Landscape

Discussion in 'Landscape & Cityscape' started by pm63, Jun 4, 2008.

1. pm63

pm63 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I took this some time ago but my camera couldn't capture the entire dynamic range and I don't have ND grads yet. However, I recently discovered the wonders of shadow/highlight in Photoshop and was able to save it: :D

[​IMG]

(Flickr link): http://flickr.com/photos/ozga/2552306970/

I know the lens flare is an issue but overall I like the shot. Any CC would be much appreciated.

2. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    This would have been an ideal candidate for an HDR merge. It's a nicely composed capture and I really like the way the bridge leads you into the picture. The colours however are a bit flat. There isn't much you can do about that however given that you're shooting directly into the sun. You might want to try some levels adjustments and perhaps a saturation tweak too. A two stop grad ND would have really made this photo pop. Do a re-shoot when you get them!

3. pm63

pm63 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks for the reply. It would indeed be a great candidate for HDR, but I don't have a tripod yet.

When you say an ND grad would have made it better... I don't seem to understand what the point of them is anymore now that I have discovered shadow/highlight in PS... does it just give a different effect or what?