Blizzard 2010 Snow Pics C&C

Steveo555

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So since everyone is posting pictures from the Blizzard of 2010 I will too. I go to college in western Maryland, which is all mountains, so we got a ton more snow then what was covered on tv for Washington D.C.
First picture is just to give everyone an idea of how much 36" of snow looks like and this was before the second blizzard hit that dumped another 20" all in 72 hours.
DSC_1536.jpg

All the other pictures I would like critique and comments on, all the following have been pp in gimp. These were taken after the first storm at some different spots in the mountains during sunset.

DSC_1707.jpg

DSC_1712.jpg

DSC_1733.jpg

DSC_1753.jpg

DSC_1821HDRresized.jpg

On a side note, why are these pictures all different sizes even though most of them have the same resolution size, so shouldn't they all be the same size?

Hi there, what are you doing in the last photo to get that effect? Slow shutter speed? What is giving it the orange tinge?

here's one outside my house heheh..
4347243005_9180ee2eeb_b.jpg

Hi there, what are you doing in the last photo to get that effect? Slow shutter speed? What is giving it the orange tinge?

I used 1/5th shutter speed for the blur and the photo was taken at sunset facing the sun. I then made a copy of it and opened it and the original in photomatix Pro and played with the colors.

I'm new to this forums picture posting etiquette but I'd assume it's because the pictures all have the same resolution and you cropped them. While exporting them, have it set to make them all the same size.

It might just be because I am new, but I don't really see any kind of focal point or anything special about 2 & 3... I love the effect in the last one...

I don't know what to tell you on how to fix anything, but thought I would at least give a comment since that is part of what C&C stands for ;)

It might just be because I am new, but I don't really see any kind of focal point or anything special about 2 & 3... I love the effect in the last one...

I don't know what to tell you on how to fix anything, but thought I would at least give a comment since that is part of what C&C stands for ;)

I am glad you liked the 4th picture. The 3rd picture is of top of a trail and after hiking through 40" of snow for 1 hour and I was too tired to care what I took a photo of, all the mattered was the sunset was in it. The 4th picture I took while my friends and I were driving back down from the mountain at sunset and same goes for pictures 1-3.

I knew there was a reason I moved to Arizona from Philadelphia 10 years ago :)

I love all the pictures, but I really enjoyed the comment about hiking and being to tired to care about the focal point. lol
I live in Michigan and we have cold and snow all winter, can't wait until spring so I can really get outside and play with my camera.

I like 2,4, and 6. Although, I might have cropped out the pole in number 4. Or stepped a few feet to the left. Good light in those. How did you take no 6? Driving? Through windshield? Nice effect there.

I love all the pictures, but I really enjoyed the comment about hiking and being to tired to care about the focal point. lol
lol, after hiking through snow higher then my knee and actually hiking up in elevation and being abou 15 degrees out, I could care less what the focal point was. But now I wished I actually was standing up when I took the picture, maybe next time.

Although, I might have cropped out the pole in number 4. Or stepped a few feet to the left. Good light in those. How did you take no 6? Driving? Through windshield? Nice effect there.
Thanks..I might just crop out that pole. The last picture was done while my friend was driving. He was going about 40mph and it was through the windshield. I was in the passenger seat and holding my camera against the dashboard. Settings were F/22, 1/6th shutter, and ISO 200.

Seagull has the entire beach all to it self.
Unusual site to see the beach empty after a million people
come there in the Summer.
Coney Island, Feb.2010.

I really like the fourth one, and the effect of the second one looks awesome!

wow, i really dig all of your pictures. That last picture has an awesome effect to it.
coming from a noob but great job

I like the last one really. It makes think of that I am on a fast running train. hah

Most reactions

New Topics

Back