BLK and WHT

doli

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
100_1294b.jpg

I shot this the a fuji finepix digital, flash lighting...
interested in general critique... compostion, contrast, subject. any and all comments as I am returning to my photography after about 5 years off.

Thanks for your help!

Hmmm. Interesting photograph. I've had to look at it several time because I can't decide whether the angle of the bathtub is too distracting or not.
I love the look of the model. She looks almost like shes from an earlier era, but then the clothing puts her right back into fairly modern time. Even though I love the models look, the concept and the b&w conversion, I think in the end the fact that bathtub is badly crooked and the fact that her feet aren't in the photo are just too distracting to me. I'd love to see you shoot it again because honestly, it was very hard for me to say I didn't flat out love it. You have so many good elements there I think.

elsaspet said:
Hmmm. Interesting photograph. I've had to look at it several time because I can't decide whether the angle of the bathtub is too distracting or not.
I love the look of the model. She looks almost like shes from an earlier era, but then the clothing puts her right back into fairly modern time. Even though I love the models look, the concept and the b&w conversion, I think in the end the fact that bathtub is badly crooked and the fact that her feet aren't in the photo are just too distracting to me. I'd love to see you shoot it again because honestly, it was very hard for me to say I didn't flat out love it. You have so many good elements there I think.

I have to agree with some of elsaspet's comments, it took me a few seconds to figure out where she was... Then I had realized she was in a bathtub laying on her back... Like elsaspet noted, maybe try to get her feet in the picture/tub, also maybe try a slightly different angle to make it more noticible that she is in a tub......

Just my 2cents....

-iSellJerseyShore

It's a nice idea but there are things about it that don't quite work. I think you need to think a little more about what it was you were trying to do then go for a re-shoot. Definitely worth it.

Ok, the feet aren't in this one either, but is this a more interesting shot? Less confussing?
Thank you all for the imput!!!
100_1289b.jpg

dOLI :heart:

I like the idea of the first one better, the bathroom and bath makes for a very interesting background, the second one isn't very flattering I think. The B&W completments the photo. But as well as her cropped feet you have cropped her head too. It may be hard though getting it all in because of how small bathrooms can be!

I like the first one too.

I get distracted by the tight pattern of the small tiles near the faucet. I love the way it looks in BW. But with it only down at the bottom it really competes with the model. If it was going all the way around the tub, like a frame, I think it would be fantastic with the stockings.

I don't mind the cropped feet. Maybe a tighter shot, with her knees bent up against her stomach?

I agree with what's been said here about drawing the model's feet in somehow. I appreciate that it's a tight spot to compose, but I think it's got such a great feel to it, a reshoot is worth the effort. Love the B&W, the vintage look of the clothes and tub. :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back