BLOCKED

mojoses

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Random Rant...

I hate my college, I virtually live on this forum now and just lately they have been blocking URL's and they blocked THIS ONE
fit.gif

how dare they!!

oh and cos they blocked it I prob won't be able to read anybody's replies...

I'm soooooo annoyed :evil:

Join the club. I teach at a middle school and yesterday our system switched from one content blocker to another. The good news is that we can now access our email through webmail, like gmail. The bad news is that the forums are gone. :cry:

mojoses said:
Random Rant...

I hate my college, I virtually live on this forum now and just lately they have been blocking URL's and they blocked THIS ONE
fit.gif

I love where I work, it's the best job I've ever had and I hope it doesn't get offshored to india like all the other tech jobs. But, they are so clueless when it comes to internet usage. They disallow you from using any kind of mail. It takes me like 20 seconds to check my yahoo mail. yet they allow all internet forums, where people REALLY spend a lot of time. Another guy on our team spends hours on the "white sox" forum. I spend about an hour a day on this one. Oh well, companies and management are clueless, what do you expect. They treat people like kids. :roll:

Yeah, working for a tech support group here on campus I can understand your frustrations. I'm thankful I work and goto school at a public institution. They would never block content here. There would be a huge outcry if they did! Thank you Bill of rights!

So with that being said I'm sorry they blocked this site. If you do get a chance to check this, there may be ways around it :wink: I'll see what I can come up with....

Zach :D

Bokeh said:
I love where I work, it's the best job I've ever had and I hope it doesn't get offshored to india like all the other tech jobs...... Another guy on our team spends hours on the "white sox" forum. I spend about an hour a day on this one. Oh well, companies and management are clueless, what do you expect. They treat people like kids. :roll:

read that again.

no, companies aren't clueless and it's no wonder they outsource labor to other countries.

motcon said:
read that again.

no, companies aren't clueless

Oh sure they are.

motcon said:
and it's no wonder they outsource labor to other countries.

LOL, no that has nothing to do with it. The hour I spend on here a day I more than make up, believe me. It has everything to do with short-term quick bucks, or so they think.

Besides, typically someone here gets done in an hour what someone over there gets done in 4. But all companies see is $ and yes they ARE clueless, where hav eyou been? Endron, Nortel, .bomb's, gimme a break. You can't trust anyone with the corporate "laws" we have here in America, and there's more waste due to clueless management than any other reason. And their solution to all their mistakes of 1999-2002 is offshoring. :roll:

[/rant]

Bokeh said:
motcon said:
read that again.

no, companies aren't clueless

Oh sure they are.

motcon said:
and it's no wonder they outsource labor to other countries.

LOL, no that has nothing to do with it. The hour I spend on here a day I more than make up, believe me. It has everything to do with short-term quick bucks, or so they think.

Besides, typically someone here gets done in an hour what someone over there gets done in 4. But all companies see is $ and yes they ARE clueless, where hav eyou been? Endron, Nortel, .bomb's, gimme a break. You can't trust anyone with the corporate "laws" we have here in America, and there's more waste due to clueless management than any other reason. And their solution to all their mistakes of 1999-2002 is offshoring. :roll:

[/rant]

i'm thankful you're a 'tech' and not a business person.

Holy crap...didn't realize this thread was old, and I got the CRAP scared outa me.

Those of you that were around then, know what I am talking about!

core_17 said:
Holy crap...didn't realize this thread was old, and I got the CRAP scared outa me.

:lol: My thoughts exactly :lol:

core_17 said:

Zombie threads blow!! This freaked the poop out of me...I was like huh?...how!?! and then i saw Zach responding and knew someone was grave diggin. LOL! shewwww!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back