Blossom in a reflecting pool

usayit

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
North New Jersey, United States of America
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Another shot from the reflecting pool and lilypad exhibit of Longwood Gardens, PA taken during my visit last spring. If you are in the area, it is worth the visit.

Samsung GX-1L
Tamron 90mm f/2.5 SP Adaptall Macro
Vivitar 6000 Macro ring flash

Attachments

• $SG1L6856.jpg
    $SG1L6856.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 156
idk y but i am not really feeling this one. I think that it is that bud in the background.

I agree the bud is a little distracting but otherwise i like it

Did you darken the background? The blossom itself is beautifully lit and exposed, but I think bringing up the background some would really add to it, especially to the element of reflection.

You say it, erm: usayit ... that bud does add an aspect of before and after to the photo, and while it might feel to some more "elegant" or more "classy" to only see the flower in the photo, I like the kind of counterbalance the bud offers (also going with the shadows of the trees on the left). I like it as it is. (And don't tell me about all the lovely places that can be visited on this whole wide world - only makes me want to go there ... and I can't. Too far away).

Thanks for the comments, roentarre and LaFoto (as always).

I recently went through my collection of photos and started noticing that I've got years and years of photos of "acceptable" compositions. Almost feels like I have shoe horned myself into "the predictable"(linky). I've been trying to change things up a bit and purposely going against my initial placement within the frame. Sometimes it works(linky) and sometimes it does not(linky).

Either way... It is tossing up photography a bit for me and squeezing a little more enjoyment out of the little time I have to our fine art.

Oh and LaFoto.... don't worry, you are not alone. I keep seeing images from our friends (you too) outside the U.S. that make me feel "Too Far". Lovely places filled with a rich history that often dates back before the founding of my home country. Peoples with such diverse culture that can be visited with a relatively short road trip. For most that live in the U.S., it takes a 10+ hour plane ride to experience anything similar. But hey... I still love the good Ol'USA.. superhighways and all.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back