Blowing off steam thread !

Pre-Loved. said:
Oh WOW!!! I was supposed to go to Israel at the start of September but the conference I was going to got cancelled due to damage from the bombing...I was soo sad and am pulling all my strings to get the conference put on again.

Only nice thing about the trip is I will have just over 100,000 miles on Continental when I get back. I will probably have to go back at least one more time in the Jan / Feb time frame. Will have enough for 2 first class tickets anywhere in the states. That will be a nice / free vacation. :mrgreen:

I don't know if this is really blowing off steam, but it's frustrating:

I don't know what I'm doing. I'm in my second year at Cal, studying Math (which I like), but I don't really know why I'm here. I've got no lofty ambitions for the future having anything to do with work, school, etc. While my roommate spends most of his time studying, I just screw around playing Tetris or just browsing online. I do my work and get decent/good grades, but I'm just kinda going through the motions.
The only thing I REALLY like is talking to and doing things for my family (who live a few hours away). The best thing that's happened in the past few weeks was helping my younger sister with her math homework yesterday (we talked using AIM).
The thing is, I've always kinda been like this. In high school, I never had goals of going to a particular school like other kids.
I think the best thing I can do in life is raising a good family, but that shouldn't mean everything else doesn't matter. I've got to find other things to strive for, as well.

I feel a little better now. Thanks for "listening".

benhasajeep said:
Only nice thing about the trip is I will have just over 100,000 miles on Continental when I get back. I will probably have to go back at least one more time in the Jan / Feb time frame. Will have enough for 2 first class tickets anywhere in the states. That will be a nice / free vacation. :mrgreen:

I was going for a Red Cross conference, so I'm not supposed to earn frequent miles but I fly heaps for Red Cross, I still earn the points just every now and then I buy a ticket to some unbudgeted meeting using the points....it keeps me in the good books...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back