Blowing Rocks Sunrise HDR shots

sftempest66

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know HDR is not for everyone, I personally have fun taking HDR images just because of the unique range it gives you with the image but anyways...

I was going for the saturated/painting look in most of these, most are very dramatic and this is mainly what I was aiming for. Hope you like them, C&C welcome!!!

DSC_0176_7_8_tonemappedcopy.jpg

DSC_0171_2_3_tonemappedcopy.jpg

DSC_0210_1_2_tonemappedcopy.jpg

Just to give you an idea, here is this shot properly exposed, non HDR but still a fair amount of processing...
DSC_0209.jpg

DSC_0214_5_6_tonemappedcopy.jpg

I've been meaning to try out HDR for a bit now. I hear a lot about it on podcasts. I like these a lot. The first couple the most. What do you use to fuse your images and how many stills did you use for these shots?

I've been meaning to try out HDR for a bit now. I hear a lot about it on podcasts. I like these a lot. The first couple the most. What do you use to fuse your images and how many stills did you use for these shots?
I'm using Photomatix to tonemap and create the original HDR image, then further process them in CS3. I usually take 3-5 shots for each picture, from what I've found is if you take more pictures, the more "realistic" looking you can get a photo, take a picture of my car for example, very realistic looking, this was 5 shots, a lot of time went into this photo but I think it shows...

DSC_0288_89_90_tonemapped.jpg

I do like the first two, even though I think they are just a tad too cooked. I would have backed down the sliders just a bit, but if you were going for surreal, you got it! It looks like a really pretty location.

I really like these shots. I've got so much to learn about photography :(

My! you have been having fun - great ideas. I think we are now moving into PhArt (Photo Art) and being able to express ourselves and really tell a story with an image.
Great inspiration to us all
Thanks

Most reactions

New Topics

Back