Blown Away

cherrymoose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've posted two items in the critique forum-- and both of them have been dandelion shots. :p

515687964_67dabfc10c.jpg

Anyways, I took this shot while hiking on Saturday. Is the crop okay, or should I show the entire dandelion to give it more of a nature feel? I don't have a 'true macro lens', so I don't know if the tight, close-up cropping shows that or not. Also, is the un-symmetricalness of the white things (not sure what the real name for them is) distracting in this shot?

Thanks in advance. :)

hmm, i like the crop as is, it gives it an abstract feel almost.
as far as the white things, i would suggest burning them in a little, the provide a nice frame to the center part but because they are blown, they are a little distracting to me

I like it that way when you first glance at it you do not know it is a dandelion and your imagination can just take it were ever it wants then you can put that to it and figure it out

Love the crop.... looks like though to me anyway , it wouldn't hurt for a weeee bit more pop??? This is nice no doubt, but wondering if uping the contrast some would work without blowing any highlights..????

Very nice abstract feel here... Nice White too!

It's beautiful. I just wish it were more symmetric.

I like it, they look like fireworks bursting out of the center at first glance. Looking at it a little closer though I notice the bald spot. Beautiful picture.

I like it. The detail on the seeds at the center is amazing. I like the crop. No, not symmetrical, but you can't pose these things. If you touch it, you have lost it. I have been shooting some dandelions as well. None of mine look this good. Great job!

Anyways, I took this shot while hiking on Saturday. Is the crop okay, or should I show the entire dandelion to give it more of a nature feel? I don't have a 'true macro lens', so I don't know if the tight, close-up cropping shows that or not. Also, is the un-symmetricalness of the white things (not sure what the real name for them is) distracting in this shot?

Parachutes.

If it were symmetrical it wouldn't look natural.

Nice photo.

I love it. It's a slight abstract to me. It looks like the core of giant supercomputer feeding out to a network of some sort. Looking at it as a dandelion is still great. I think the asymmetrical composition works for this shot.

I love it. It's a slight abstract to me. It looks like the core of giant supercomputer feeding out to a network of some sort. Looking at it as a dandelion is still great. I think the asymmetrical composition works for this shot.

You kids and your wacky-weed! :lol:

I may be a teenager but I've never done drugs. i'm much too messed up as it is :D

Good! Don't do em. My avatar is actually the way I look all because of drugs in my youth. The eyes do win me points with the women but they hate the drool.:lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back