Blue Cafe

tjones8611

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Working on HDR today, what are your thougts on this one. The blue seems a little saturated, but I didnt boost it.

4163696005_c9d54911d5_b.jpg

Doesn't do much for me. But the building is just about right in the center of the frame. I would maybe crop out some of the foreground and have more sky. That's an HDR? Just curious why you would do one here.
TJ

Doesn't do much for me. But the building is just about right in the center of the frame. I would maybe crop out some of the foreground and have more sky. That's an HDR? Just curious why you would do one here.
TJ
i think itd look cool if it actually was an HDR, this looks flat and unsaturated IMO

TJ
i think itd look cool if it actually was an HDR, this looks flat and unsaturated IMO

Ya but i'm trying to decide if maybe that works w/ the unsaturated look because it is like a dead abandoned diner and the colors go with it.
TJ

I used four exposures, looking at it again, I can see the halo on the trees. Since the scene a large variance in brightness, HDR would work well with it. Im thinking if I was closer, a tighter photo, it would have been better, but the brightness variance would have been less.

eh, but its kind of in the middle of the city, if it was like in a desert than sure, but cool HDR would not hurt this photo IMO, i might go in and try to HDR this

It just doesn't look HDR because the sky still isn't a nailed exposure and I don't think i see that haloing.
TJ

I like your version much better! I tend to go to cartoonish, think Ive pulled back to far.

Ty, if you are actually saying that, i used lightroom, bumped it down 2 points exposure to both sides, put them in photomatix pro, and ba la bing. I like it :)

Deciding on how to treat the image depends on what you are trying to convey with the image. Saturated colors are lively and tend to evoke hapiness and cheer, while desaturation invokes a solemn quality, lonliness, etc.

I think you could crop in to your subject a bit more.

I think the original image is a little flat, and could use some contrast adjustment. I think it works much better tonally, than the Faux HDR edit.

I like the shot, but the colors are a bit flat to me. Here's my version of your pic... I hope you like it.

I cropped it and messed with the colors and exposure a bit.
4165821500_6e63dcd4b9_o.jpg

btw... I edited it through Flickr. I don't have ps.

Most reactions

Back