Blue Lagoon, Pembrokeshire, Wales, UK

thereyougo!

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Am in Pembrokeshire starting a photographic project for my own benefit. All went well right up to the end of the day when Friday 13th caught up with me. Have been on the edge of 200 feet cliffs with a bit of wind. Tripod nice and secure, until I had finished shooting. Put tripod down with camera on it so I could have hands free to pack things into my car. Then *CRASH* tripod falls to the floor and camera flies off it. Camera is fine, but 28 - 45 looks to be mangled. Gutted. My favourite lens which takes about 80%+ of my shots.

Here are some shots I took before it happened. All of course with Pentax 645Z and 28 - 45

Newgale beach copy by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Abereiddi beach and headland copy by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Abereiddi beach and headland-2 copy by singingsnapper, on Flickr

bw Abereiddi beach and headland-2 copy by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Abereiddi beach and headland-4 copy by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Abereiddi beach and headland-9 copy by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Abereiddi beach and headland-7 copy by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Abereiddi beach and headland-5 copy by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Abereiddi beach and headland-6 copy by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Sorry to hear about your lens.

pretty country

nice shot, bummer about your lens

Thanks guys checked the lens this morning. It won't zoom out to 45 and won't focus manually or auto at 28-30. 30-40 it still focuses and still sharp. Am in the middle of setting up insurance for all my gear.

Sucks about your lens. #6 is a money shot. I would print that.

I like 4 the best but I see some noise in the sky and some kind of halo where the terrain meets the sky, maybe over sharpening.

Sounds like you and one of my dad's friends would get along just fine.. he loves to take photos of the "wild" and he keeps dropping his camera too. Once it fell off a cliff! He managed to get it some how and he actually brought it to a repair shop and asked if they could repair it! All broken and mangled with loose pieces around it. They told him just to get a new camera.. and he did. But this time he got insurance for it. but from what you got before your lens broke, very pretty photos. :)

Sorry to head about the gear .. bah that stinks. You got some great shots before hand tho.
Yeah I was setting up for a staged shot in my back yard one morning. Had my camera, macro, and brand new canon flash ontop. Snapped out of my pod mount (my fault) and landed right on my new shiny flash. Cracked the case and flash mount is really loose. Knicked up my lens but Everything still works. I'm sad every time I mount my flash now haha.

Most reactions

Back