Blue Moon Tonight

Just shot this tonight. Got lucky and clouds cleared for 15 minutes...... I didn't do as well as I wanted but here's what my $100 lens could do (D50 with 200-400 promaster + ND filter)

main.php

It is blue, but I guess you could just make it look that way anyways. :meh:

One more before I turn in for the night. Took this one first, as the moon was still rising and before I knew what settings to use. Might try again tomorrow night.

4232216163_33b64e092a_o.jpg

Happy New Year kids! :thumbup:

Looks like we've got clouds and a bit of fog creeping in. Thought I'd share some past photos...

Lunar Eclipse 8-31-07
LunarEclipse_post.jpg
This one is great.:thumbup: During those hours I'm typically fishing. Now if I could only learn to put the rod down and pick up the camera.:er:

Not to poop on your party, but how is a blue moon different from any other full moon? ;)

i read that its called a "blue moon" when a 2nd full moon occurs in a month?

dec 2 '09 and dec 31 '09 in this case

a blue moon is no different to a normal full moon... i just thought it wouid be good to see what shots people can get of it .

A blue moon is merely the second full moon in one month. It happens about ever 28 months. The New Year's blue moon is what is more rare, but still just the moon. I suppose it would have been cool to get a shot of fireworks in Time Square or Vegas with the moon in the background.

im sure a lot of people were paying more attn to this last night that the one we're talking about :lmao:

blue-moon-4.jpg

im sure a lot of people were paying more attn to this last night that the one we're talking about
blue-moon-4.jpg
LMAO... BEST ONE YET !!
very clear with excellent detail. :lol:

im sure a lot of people were paying more attn to this last night that the one we're talking about
blue-moon-4.jpg
LMAO... BEST ONE YET !!
very clear with excellent detail. :lol:

BAH... The moon is completely blown out... Just a bluish blob.

Then again, it is pretty good beer...I'll let this one slide, lol.

Well...It may not be the "Blue Moon" but I made another attempt tonight. This is the result :

01012010Moon.jpg

Camera : Olympus E3
Lens : Zuiko 70-300mm
Focal Length : 300mm
F-Stop : f/11
ISO : 100
Exposure Time : 1/5 sec.

failed miserably.

missed the PEFECT shot by about an hour. was out after dinner and my fiance says "wowww check out the moon!", it was HUGE and bright orange. i will from now on have my camera with me wherever i go.

anyways
tried with my 55-200vr on my d40. very noisy and not enough zoom. a 300 prolly wouldve sufficed though.

why so noisy?

how bad are they? lol

moon.jpg

moon3.jpg

moon2.jpg

Tonight was my first attempt at this stuff. I think I may of over processed it in Lightroom. Im going to try more later. THis is a tough shot!

4234960545_45dabeacdb_o.jpg

How come I cant get my Moon as large as the others? I shot the moon and cropped it as tight as I could in LR but this photos is as big as it gets. Its actually posted in the "original" size from flickr. If I do that on other photos they are enormous.

Here were my settings on this shot. Is it due to the size of my MP's with the Canon XS?
Camera:Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSExposure:0.01 sec (1/100)Aperture:f/8.0Focal Length:250 mmISO Speed:100Exposure Bias:0 EV

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back