Blue Moon weekend(s) not dialup friendly

malachite

Heavily Medicated For Your Protection
Reaction score
A Blue Moon month means I atleast finished up the roll left in the camera from the 4th of July weekend. So we'll start where I left off.................

Watson Lake in Prescott, AZ
7 minutes total with 2 minutes of light painting with red
Fuji 64T

WatsonLake070204-10T.jpg

The next night I found myself out in the middle of nowhere, which is about 20 miles east of Wickenburg it turns out as that's where this particular dirt road ended. Thought I'd try some silhouette action as the moon was rising above the hill. Scanning really kills the star trials but you get the idea.

35 minutes w/Fuji 64T

WatsonLake070304-13T.jpg

4 weeks later, and it's still July, I find myself draggin' poor ol' Voodoocat all over a rather large south central portion of AZ in search of crap to shoot I don't know ceased to exist anymore :( So we ended up in Golds Canyon. I shot the most with my barely working Yashica and got the best exposures on Fuji Velvia 100. That's definitely going to be a new favorite film. Anyway, with tungsten film, these turned out on the cool side of the light spectrum but look the most realistic compared to what you see with the naked eye. But this stuff renders the neatest blues.

7 minutes (a little under exposed I'd say)

GoldCanyon073104-18T.jpg

4AM and Voodoocat has had it so we head for home. After I drop off Voodoo I realize I still have a few frames left in the Nikon. A quick detour brings us to Tempe Town Lake to shoot my own color version of the bridge that graces the wall in B&W at a local pro lab.

30 seconds with the sun just starting to let its presence be known to the left and a still full moon balancing the light to the right.

TempeBridge073104-20T.jpg

A few hundred yards away from the bridge is the train bridge, which by the cutouts in the steel has been there since 1912. I've shot it before and it's hard to shoot as space is limited and there lots of powerlines around. But with only one frame left on the roll I heard the train whistle off in the distance. So I quickly ran and setup shop in a spot where I cold get all the powerlines out of view and most of the bridge going across the lake. What to do though? It was light enough now that the meter in the camera was finally registering and was reading 1 sec @ f/16.................what the hell

TempeBridge073104-36T.jpg

..............and if you've read this far..........thanks :p

Absolutly Fantastic. The first picture looks like it was taken on a different planet. The orange seam in the rock really makes the picture well...almost surreal.

Very nice work yo! :D I wish I had stuff like that around here to shoot in the wee hours of the morning!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Blows me away. I wish I was there.

Awesome! You'll have to stop by so we can get that medium format Velvia scanned.... see you at 6?

Great! You are lucky that you have a friend who goes with you to take some shots! I'm walkin' alone and am a bit scared at night...

I love the one with the windmill and stars. outdoor phtographer is having a photo competition for a cover shot. maybe you should use that one?

wow! Nice photos. Really liked the 2nd one with the windmill

Jeff Canes said:
Also Fuji 64T is that E6 or C41?
It be E6 in a tungsten flavor

voodoocat said:
You'll have to stop by so we can get that medium format Velvia scanned.... see you at 6?
I wish, but not this week. It's "one of those weeks" at work already. Only half way into Tuesday and I'm coming up on about 20 hours. Work, eat, sleep, repeat.......... ugh
Hopefully this weekend maybe? The colors are awesome but some of the later frames I forgot to think about focusing and left the thing at infinity so the foregrounds aren't too sharp, Ooops :oops:

Thank you all for the compliments. I'll get the next round for ya'll :cheers:

Most reactions

Back