Blue

Vestal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
No manipulation of the image, whatsoever (which is rare for me).

My brother, my father, and I went "fishing" last weekend. We never catch anything. So...while the other two were busy not catching anything I decided to get the net and start snagging the crabs we that are constantly swimming by in their odd sideways fashion. My dad got into it (probably because he was helping catch SOMETHING at least) and moved the boat to help. We caught a number of them and I decided they were quite photogenic.

blue-new.jpg

My camera, something happened to the coating on the lens (nikon coolpix4300) and now it's like I've always got a soft focus filter on, so bear with me, this image the effect wasn't so bad.

They are not only photogenic (love the composition/DOF on this one) - they are YUMMY!!!

Hope you got the chance to eat them.

I did not unfortunately. They had to be tossed, and worse, I waited too long to do my "Crabs Playing Poker" photo spread. : (

I'm glad ya'll like it and thanks for the welcome.

I gotta ask, is it Mr. Sid or Mrs. Id?

Really interesting shot!

Vestal said:
I'm glad ya'll like it and thanks for the welcome.

I gotta ask, is it Mr. Sid or Mrs. Id?

Hi Vestal,
It's "Mr. Sid"
It's been the subject of much hilarity in the past, Voodoocat has all the gory details.
Welcome aboard BTW.

Just in case you don't know there are many species of crabs that are poisonous to eat...

that's a nice shot. I like the texture, and the "soft effect" works well here. I suppose if it gets too crisp, some feel will be destroyed.

Great shot. The soft focus works really well for that shot.

]quote="molested cow"] Just in case you don't know there are many species of crabs that are poisonous to eat... [/quote]

And then theres those ones red land crabs.... yuck.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back