blues

crawdaddio

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
seattle

blues.jpg

Sorry, but this..................................................doesn't do a thing for me.

Hmm, thats exactly what the world looks like to me when I take my glasses off.

I kind of find it interesting in a way. But ultimately it makes me wish it was sharper.

I agree. It's kind of interesting, but in the end really doesn't work for me.

So you are playing with "making things abstract by blurring them"? And this one is ALL blurred now?

Well, if I had to live in the living conditions of these people it would make me blue, that is for sure. (This is me assuming this is an apartment block).
And the fact that the only real colour is blue adds to that fact. Blue in its two meanings. That was well spotted and put ... out of(!) focus.

Would you care to tell us why you went for the out-of-focus variation?

Did you also TRY the in-focus variation?

Wow... try scrolling up and down with your mouse. Kinda freaky.

Though, it doesn't do a thing for me.

Thanks for all of your opinions.
LaFoto--How have you been? I haven't been on here in awhile. I have recently been exploring the use of 'soft' or out of focus photography to portray shapes and lines; movements, and implied objects and tones. Also, I just enjoy looking at abstract colors and bokeh; I LOVE bokeh. So anyway, no I didn't shoot a 'properly' focused one here. I am working on a 'blurred seattle' series. It's here if you'd like to check it out........

http://www.flickr.com/photos/crawdaddio1/sets/72157601021379739/

Thanks,
~DC

This particular shot doesn't do much for me, but I enjoy the rest of the set. :thumbup:

Wow... try scrolling up and down with your mouse. Kinda freaky.

yeah noticed that.

and just like maing a picture of your BFFL(lol giggle giggle lol) changing it to sepia and turning the camera at a 45* angle doesnt make it "artistic" shooting something out fo focus does not make it "abstract"...just out of focus.

take this pic again... only focused, and it has some real potential.

yeah noticed that.

and just like maing a picture of your BFFL(lol giggle giggle lol) changing it to sepia and turning the camera at a 45* angle doesnt make it "artistic" shooting something out fo focus does not make it "abstract"...just out of focus.

take this pic again... only focused, and it has some real potential.

Ahh. Good one.
Now I remember why I stopped posting photos on this site.

~DC

would you rather me say... " i dont get it, but good job" and have you take 100 more pics that no one will really get besides you. or give you some advice as to how to impove from an outside perspective?

judging by your reply....
" this really doesnt do anything for me, but good job, keep up the good work there kido....*pat on back*"

would you rather me say... " i dont get it, but good job" and have you take 100 more pics that no one will really get besides you. or give you some advice as to how to impove from an outside perspective?

judging by your reply....
" this really doesnt do anything for me, but good job, keep up the good work there kido....*pat on back*"

No.
What I mean is that 90% of the 'critique' here is thoughtless mundane one liners, such as yours, that are un-constructive. In your original post you did not provide any advice on why you thought what you did or how one could 'improve' their photography. Your critique seemed 'holier than thou' and directly hurtful toward the artist (me in this case), which is helpful for no one.

I get it. you don't like my work. That is perfectly fine with me. I still like my photography and that of many others. I have my vision and will continue to pursue it. I will just choose to post my work for critique on other sites that are more mature in their feedback.

BTW, Thank you aves.

Thanks,
~DC

I guess I was one of the few that are actually interested by this pic. Lol good job.

Most reactions

Back