Blur from vibration?

bschneider5

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A number of these were blurry like this. I was standing in my lawn chair and bracing myself on the chain link fence. Is this likely from vibration? My camera settings were as follows:
File
File: D20_0179.JPG
Date: 2010/05/10 18:37:45.8
World Time:
Image Quality:
Image Size: 2285 x 3439
Image Comment:
Camera
Device: Nikon D200
Lens:
Focal Length: 200mm
Aperture: F/5.6
Shutter Speed: 1/2000s
Exposure Mode: Shutter Priority
Exposure Comp.: 0EV
Metering Mode: Matrix

D20_0179.jpg

It's hard to say, but it looks to me like your focus was behind him. The grass a few feet back looks like it's sharp. Plus you are shooting at 1/2000 which is very fast and shouldn't be affected by vibration unless it was alot of vibration.

My guess is that you focused on him and delayed taking the photo just long enough for him to move closer to you out of the focus range.

Yup, there is no 'vibration' blur, but the subject is out of focus.

bschneider5 said:
Blur from vibration?

My girlfriend gets that sometimes.
Sorry, couldn't resist.

I agree with the above poster, it looks like your focus was off.

At 1/2000 blur would most likely be from focus, and with the d200 the fault would be yours, not the cameras. Shocking, I know, it's not the $2000 cameras fault.

I don't know about Nikon but Canon has an AI Servo mode which continually focuses on a subject (useful for subjects that move). Read the manual that came with the camera, learn to use it.

Also, how does one stand IN a lawn chair??

Are you using continuous-focus on your d200? I use that on mine, and i find it works rather well when my puppy is running at me. Granted, it struggles sometimes (i dont have the best lenses), but it is much better than single.

bschneider5 said:
Blur from vibration?

Also, how does one stand IN a lawn chair??

220 pounds standing in one of those cheap ass made in China lawn chairs, if you saw me you would agree I was 'in it' and sinking :lol: . I probably wasn't using my continuous focus.

I'll be back at the fields Saturday and see if I can have better results. Thanks for the replies.

Most reactions

Back