Blurring backgrounds

M

MDowdey

Ok gang, i need a little help with this one..

i took some prouct shots today cause, well , im bored.

i used two pieces of white paper and natural window light. everything looks fine except you can see the divison in the two pieces of paper. you can see a dark line from where the paper laying flight is to the paper standing upright as the background.

this should be an easy thing to take care of in photoshop, but i cant seem to get it...

any help would be greatly appreciated

matt

What version of PS are you using? Have you tried the healing brush? Post the pictures and people could take a stab at it.. I usually mess around until I get it, I can't think of the steps I'd use off the top of my head. :lol:

Clone tool / healing brush, or, levels adjustment layer, and crank it up until the background is solid white everywhere, then mask off your subject.

You can also do this with a selective color adjustment layer, select white, and move the black slider all the way to the left. Might need to move the blue slider to the left, and red to the right. to get a nice white color.

Or select around the subject with the Polygonal Lasso, invert the selection and use the Gaussain Blur Filter. :)

Most reactions

Back