Blurring effect; fun and useful or stupid trick?

RMThompson

the TPF moderators rock my world!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just wanted some opinions on this blurring effect. These photos weren't taken like this, it's all Post Processed.

The kid in my likes it, but the adult in me says it's a stupid trick.

What do YOU think:

Just my daughter and I:

allisonryan.jpg

Model Heather on the Boardwalk:

heatherboardwalk.jpg

Model Heather in the road:

heatherstreet.jpg

Jessica "Satisfaction Guaranteed!"

jessicacart.jpg

Phil on the Slip N Slide

philslipnslide.jpg

Even stupid tricks have their place when used to enhance an image and when used tastefully. In the above, I think 5 is kinda cool because of the post technique whereas #3 I don't think it serves the image at all.

yeah it fits some of them, the last one is pretty cool but i do like the one in the road

like rufus said...effects like this can have their place...it looks like pic 1 is you guys on a roller coaster....so it seemed fitting.

on a side note: #4....good lord....do me a favor, and tell jessica i said hi. girl is beautiful.

I only really like it on #3!

But Heather looks a bit like a rocket during takeoff though ;)

Satisfaction Guaranteed works really well... It can work well on model shots, but you have to be careful not to overdo it.

I quite like doing zoom blur "naturally" i.e. by zooming in during the exposure and not doing it in post. Can be quite cool sometimes but you have to hold the camera perfectly still, not to get any accidental camera shake that ruins it. A tripod is a good idea.

Stupid. And don't touch Satisfaction Guaranteed. It's perfect the way it is.

Dont use this. It's only good for action shots. That and it can be done during the shooting as well.

Dont use this. It's only good for action shots. That and it can be done during the shooting as well.

I appreciate the comments, but what you've done is instead force me to TRY to use it more. I don't take well to demands, as if your way (not using this) is the only way.

Except demands from Alpha. Those I listen too!

I think there's a chance that the motion blur could be used well, if used sparringly and very subtly. But here it's just a straight-on blur and the effect is really obvious.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back