Blurrry pictues from the A7

Well i have been shooting film and now digital for a long time and i still consider myself a beginner and i most likely always will, so much to learn :)

John.

we're in the same club...both hobbyists

There's a lot to be said for shooting manual focus....but not all the time...some of the time, you just don't have the time to set it manually. I do respect all those that do try and shoot everything in manual. With tday''s cameras, they're being built to shoot auto most of the time. Times are a changing. Either way doesn't make one a better photographer....that will come down to subject matter and composition.
Are you on about auto exposure or focus because I would never use auto exposure, and manual focus on the A7 is so easy I just hit c1 twice quick focus and bang got the shot or I zone focus then it is just shoot when I see something (street photography)

There's a lot to be said for shooting manual focus....but not all the time...some of the time, you just don't have the time to set it manually. I do respect all those that do try and shoot everything in manual. With tday''s cameras, they're being built to shoot auto most of the time. Times are a changing. Either way doesn't make one a better photographer....that will come down to subject matter and composition.
Are you on about auto exposure or focus because I would never use auto exposure, and manual focus on the A7 is so easy I just hit c1 twice quick focus and bang got the shot or I zone focus then it is just shoot when I see something (street photography)

I was just saying the image straight out of the camera using auto everything will take as good of a pictue as if yu put your camera in manual modes. But, I'm probably half nuts for saying that. I think I was just making excuses for my lack of experience with this camera. Don't read too much into what I said this time. I really was only referring to the sophistication of the cameras sensor and processors.

I'm not a pro but I basically shoot in RAW most of the time. The time I'm not I'm usually just fiddling around and plan on deleting the images anyways. There's just too many advantages to RAW and plus with Lightroom now a stable in my use it's just plain easy. And anything, one of the picture programs in in Windows 8 allows you to convert from RAW to jpeg if you wanted to. Anytime I don't shoot in Manual or Aperture I'm usually disappointed a tad in the results. I just like the full control of everything I guess. I've gotten faster and better at it and learned to use AUTO ISO more freely so I can control the Aperture and Shutter more to my liking.

Hey, it's just a hobby anyways. But a fun hobby and one can take it as far as they want to depending upon their definition of fun.

I wish i did not have to use RAW, but a lot of jpeg`s on many camera`s just don't look right to me and need tweaking to get detail out of the shadows and using exposure compensation on a tiny screen in bright light is just not possible for me.

John.

I wish i did not have to use RAW, but a lot of jpeg`s on many camera`s just don't look right to me and need tweaking to get detail out of the shadows and using exposure compensation on a tiny screen in bright light is just not possible for me.

John.
Thats what the histogram is for never go by what you see on your screen to check exposure

I usually shoot in A mode. I'm goig to start experimeting with S mode soon, and as I say that, probably this weekend. I do like setting the controls too! I feel I'm finally starting to get used to the controls of the camera. I had to watch 'tips and tricks of the A7' 2 or 3 times before it started sinking in. I guess I'm on my way. Many thinks to those who keep on supporting me with their encouragement.

I bought the Sony A6000 the other day, and was disappointed that it did not have the illustration mode in the setting, BUT i just found out today that you can download apps to the camera and the free "picture perfect plus" app has the illustration option YEAH!!!!! :)

John.

Illustrations mode is crap I don't know why they put it in the A7

Because some of us still live in Bedrock. Fred Flintstone can't be beat! In all seriousness, sometimes it's fun to play with. It isn't necessarily art, but I like it better than the similar feature found on Nikon's. Their's is real crap! Not half a$$ed crap. Full blown butt explosion crapola.

I wish you could use the illustration mode on already taken photo`s

I can see kids loving this mode and will definitely want their photo taken.

John.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back