Blurry Pictures

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by stc9357, Sep 24, 2006.

1. stc9357

stc9357 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I just got my photos back and realized that I had used to low of a shutter speed on most of my photos because they were blurry. I don't have a tripod right now nor do I have the money for one and I'm doing pictures mainly in landscape photography. I was wondering what was the lowest shutter speed I could use doing handheld work. Its a shame because I only got 34 pics out of 96 that I thought were suitable.

Give me any suggestions!

Thanks!

2. DeepSpring

DeepSpring TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I have herd don't use a slower shutter than your focal length try that maybe?

Look up online the correct stance and practice breathing steady and holding the camera.... like your a sniper lol

it might be worth it to invest in a cheap little tripd if you cant get any better. You can find some for $10 - $20, nothing good, but hey it holds the camera right?

3. Johnboy2978

Johnboy2978 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    I would agree that it should be at least the same as the length of the lens. That is, if you have 70-200mm lens, shutter speed should at least 1/250 for handheld. More than that if it's a heavy lens like a f/2.8. Remember too that any stationary object is a tripod waiting to happen. Fence posts, hood of a car, etc. That in combination with a 2sec shutter delay would make a tripod. But a fair tripod could be bought for less than $100.

4. Rob

Rob TPF Noob!

eBay Velbon and you can get a nice old fashioned aluminium tripod for under $20. You don't need a clever tripod for landscapes, just a sturdy one!

Rob

5. stc9357

stc9357 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    thanks for all of your help I can always count on this forum for that.