Blythe Dolls???

tumblr_nqpj9oILE61uwov8go1_500.gif

I followed the link, and holy crap, those things are creepy!
Their special gimmick is that they can signal for help with their eyes, but because we would never give girls the power of speech, they will never bother you with their desperate screams!

So you like them them. Good!

I think the complete creep factor is why my wife is so very drawn to them.

I can see that. I have a friend who collects...I suppose oddities are the only way I can describe them. Her apartment is like a Museum of the Weird. One of her buying criteria is, "Does it make me say, 'What the f*** were they thinking when they made this?'"

I dated a girl from Blythe, CA (Shan) for a few weeks back in the day.
She was a doll.
Did she have a big head?
Funny you should mention head.
No. Shan from Blythe did not have a big head, nor iridescent eyes.
Shan had normal blue eyes.
But Shan showed me an interesting range of talents she had when she used her head.
Talents that made my eyes bulge, maybe even iridescent, and made my head seem to get big.

Sorry. I'd be an idiot if I didn't swing for the center field bleachers at a hanging curve ball.

Wow. Alright then... if I bought my wife one of THOSE, I'd probably be divorced.

How about ventriloquist mannequins? These things might not be creepy if they didn't keep turning up in movies and Twilight Zone episodes!

When I was doing classroom teaching we had a Big Bird toy that was light activated and every time somebody went in the room and turned the lights on it went off and started talking/singing. Freaked some people out with that thing! lol

Ewww, they look like the brats dolls of a few years ago.

This may be too late to tell you this now... but I asked my friend who collects dolls and the 'factory' ones run about $50. Then there are the more custom dolls that go for around $200.

The rest of it is too convoluted for me! lol There seem to be different variations of them, the Takara ones are more pricey (but what those are I'm not sure). Some seem to have specific names, but the factory ones seem more generic.

If you want to see freaky, look at just a faceplate! Happy shopping.

Aw now c'mon Watchful, Bratz dolls are so yesterday! lol They're going for like 20 bucks a dozen.

Aw now c'mon Watchful, Bratz dolls are so yesterday! lol They're going for like 20 bucks a dozen.
Then those are the ones to buy! Never buy the stock that is priced high. :)

Personally I like Amy Schumer's Teddy Bear.
Amy Schummer Teddy.jpg

Most reactions

Back