BMX C&C

redtippmann

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well my friend needed some photos for his sponsor so he asked me to get some photos of him.
4461113434_506f539546_b.jpg

4461114998_b42551af31_b.jpg

4461118252_64d69c0e71_b.jpg

It was difficult because it was really bright out and I didnt have any ND filters so I had to go ISO200 1/250 & f/9. I really wanted to use a lower fstop but the weather prevented that.:grumpy:
\/ more from today on my flickr \/

Not the most creative BMX shots I have seen by far. Search for JimmyO, he should be able to give you some better info/angles.

p!nK

thanks, I never shot it before and the hardest part was the timing.

thanks, I never shot it before and the hardest part was the timing.

the D2H is what, 8 FPS?? that should take care of any timing issues. Your problem, as I see it, is the angles at which you are shooting. that first jump looks like something I used to do on my old huffy. You need to get down lower, make the jumps seem higher. Plus, the background on that shot is horrible. You have both a car, and a dumpster cutting into your subject.

Image 2. You did not get the sign he is posing under completely in frame; if it did not have anything to do with the shot, it shouldn't be there- but it does. It is a "No Bicycling" sign.

3 is your best of the bunch. The detail on the forks seem to get a bit soft. Interesting shoot angle.

p!nK

Yeah the D2H does have a fps of 8 but when you have a vivitar 285HV and a SB-600 both at full power the recharge time is about 3 seconds.

But hopefully I can get some reflectors so I can just bounce light back towards the other side of the subject. And then I could get f/2.8 and 1/2500 so the cars would be out of focus.

But hopefully I can get some reflectors so I can just bounce light back towards the other side of the subject. And then I could get f/2.8 and 1/2500 so the cars would be out of focus.

Make the cars not be there.

p!nK

Sponsor? Lol
Bmx? Lol

Anyways...

Cant the D2h do iso 100? That would help. Dont plan on using reflectors with bmx either.

Timing? I see one action shot.

On the plus side the lighting looks alright, nothing great but its balanced.

But dont fret, i dont think i could take a good picture of someone dropping a 3 stair. If you want some inspiration im about to post a bmx picture thread in a bout a minute.

Yeah Im not 100% sure if he really has a sponsor. But hopefully we can head over to an actual park sometime soon. And no the d2h only goes down to 200.

But I looked at your flickr and noticed the BMX pictires. And ill look for more shots like those, and mabey a better rider. ;)

Most reactions

Back