Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
my friend chris

gapping from the banked sidewalk to the road
4376468609_fc0665ae2d.jpg

180 off of that banked sidewalk
4377206056_807311d857.jpg

Way too wide angle. Very distracting background.

Get closer. Use flash. GET HIS FACE!

~Michael~

~Michael~

can't afford to get a flash. i used the pop up in the second.

in the first i tried to get the sidewalk to show the gap he is hopping. and a lot of times, face isnt that important in a BMX photo.

~Michael~

can't afford to get a flash. i used the pop up in the second.

in the first i tried to get the sidewalk to show the gap he is hopping. and a lot of times, face isnt that important in a BMX photo.

No, it is. I ride and shoot bmx all the time. You need to shoot this closer, and from a different angle. These dudes know what they're talking about.

ok, then why is it that i can find countless bmx photos published in magazines that of which do not show the face?

ok, then why is it that i can find countless bmx photos published in magazines that of which do not show the face?

I think there only trying to you "Constructive Criticism". Don't get offended!

You're right. Your pictures were absolutely flawless and you should be getting paid by Albes Dans Ride and Dig to have your pictures used. My apologies.

#2 looks like a recipe for disaster.
is that grand marquis as close to hitting him as it looks?
i think im getting old but that looks dangerous. lol

Don't come here asking for help if you don't want it!

There is a vast amount of knowledge in these forums and you would do well to listen!

Need to get closer, get under him, get a fish eye and use the flash!

he is landing in the sidewalk. he was very close to hitting me and not the car. trust me, i am taking in the criticism, just i have seen many, many BMX photos not involving the face and you all make it sound like the face MUST be in the photo. I am trying to save up for a flash but im practically broke so it is kind of difficult. I could care less about getting paid by dig, ride, albes etc. (yeah, i know you were using sarcasm) Even if my photos were good enough to get published, getting paid wouldnt be that big of a concern. this is only a hobby not my job.

I basically agree with everything everyone else said. But I think the wide angle looks pretty cool in #1. It makes the photo "dangerous".

Nonetheless I would recommend to not do a "dead canter"-shot. I know that's hard to do in BMX.shots, but a different angle (or at least a different crop) would've made the photo more interesting IMO.

Most reactions

Back