3249202807_b2ffd9ae8f.jpg

3249204517_a5ae3e051c.jpg

3250033664_2d9081dee6.jpg

3249206765_bf7b011b67.jpg

3250035758_01339a16cc.jpg

3249209165_3d0ce85f14.jpg

3250038758_ee9d977a72.jpg

There a little bit dark.

It looks really dim in there, what settings did you use to get such fast shots?
I like the shots alot. I think the dark looks cool, they have a unique mood to them.

Thanks ccssk8er. I think most of them were in the 1/250 and f/5.6-7.1 range, ISO 200. Without the flash and at ISO 800 I would have shot at 1/80 and f/1.8 to give an idea of the lighting.

The darkness, especially in the last 4 where some of the background is blacked out comes from wanting to simplify a really cluttered space and make a simple composition. Minimalism is sorta my thing in composition for photography I guess. On some of them I was using 2 flashes and a few were with one, I don't really like lighting up the whole rider well all the time. The flash setup does need work though, especially to define the edges of the rider against the background. I guess the best example here of what I am going for is the second last photo. Do people find that photo "too dark" or just some of the others?

Wow. i never knew there were other skateboard and bmx photographers on this site

The shots look a tad' dark. But to me they kinda look dark in a good way.

Thanks ccssk8er. I think most of them were in the 1/250 and f/5.6-7.1 range, ISO 200. Without the flash and at ISO 800 I would have shot at 1/80 and f/1.8 to give an idea of the lighting.

The darkness, especially in the last 4 where some of the background is blacked out comes from wanting to simplify a really cluttered space and make a simple composition. Minimalism is sorta my thing in composition for photography I guess. On some of them I was using 2 flashes and a few were with one, I don't really like lighting up the whole rider well all the time. The flash setup does need work though, especially to define the edges of the rider against the background. I guess the best example here of what I am going for is the second last photo. Do people find that photo "too dark" or just some of the others?
ah i see, good job though they look way cool i like it.

Overall they are very cool shots. IMO the subject is too dark.

You might try getting another light source and using it as a main fill light and just flood the area the biker is in slightly just so he is more exposed and stands out more.

Wow. i never knew there were other skateboard and bmx photographers on this site

The shots look a tad' dark. But to me they kinda look dark in a good way.

There are plenty of others. I myself am going to get into it this summer, not skate or BMX, but Downhill Mountain Biking and Dirt Jumping.

There are plenty of others. I myself am going to get into it this summer, not skate or BMX, but Downhill Mountain Biking and Dirt Jumping.

haha cool! i like to do snowboarding, bmx, skating, and pretty much any biking

Good for you. You were really able to provide an idea of the surroundings, and an image of the rider, without really including a whole lot more. While some typical action shots would have been pretty cool, you went for a more defined look, and really pulled it off.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back