BMXING

HoboSyke

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went up to this bike utopia some youths built.. Major excavation.. Chatted to a couple of them and got the go ahead to shoot some photos.
Next time I go I will be taking my 10-22mm and 580 and 430ex flashes. I shot these with my 24-70 @ ISO400 and found that 24mm was still a bit close.. Anyway this is what I got today..

img2816webye9.jpg

img2815webup6.jpg

img2828webli2.jpg

img2845webhu7.jpg

img2851webrs6.jpg

no helmets.... so stupid. haha. I really like the pictures though. Captured the motion really well and I like the sky in them as well!

They look pretty good, though it's a difficult exposure with the bright sky; the foreground and subject are slightly underexposed. Bringing your flashes next time should help dramatically if you know how to use them.

The composition is a bit messy in some of the shots, with fairly distracting elements throughout. See if you can scout around the area and find angles where you'll be able to isolate the riders while still maintaining a sense of context; not an easy task, but have a go.

Promising stuff though. Keep at it! :)

Riders look soft in all of them (flash will solve that when you go back)...comp needs a lot of work too. In that spot I'd try to go tighter on the rider to get rid of the distractions and uninteresting scenery.

#3 is the best IMO. Decent captures.

Thanks for the comments peeps... #1 is my fav from this lot.. I know the comps are a bit messy but there is very limited space up there and the waiting for the rider is tricky as you can't see/hear them coming,lol....

Next time when I try with the flashes should I set exposure lock on the sky ?

Most reactions

Back