Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
We were blessed with this on Friday evening... ❤️

Three image focus stack.

Sony A7RV. Sony 16-35mm PZ G.

F11. 1/60th. 23mm. Iso640.

_NRG8227-Enhanced-NR-2.jpg

Lovely shot. Spectacular location. Do you set up your focus stack automatically in camera?

Lovely shot. Spectacular location. Do you set up your focus stack automatically in camera?

Thank you mate, indeed a gorgeous situation to be confronted with. 🙂

The A7RV does do it in camera. It took next to no time to dial the parameters in when I first got it, just two settings to adjust if I remember rightly. Do you do focus stacking much?

Thank you mate, indeed a gorgeous situation to be confronted with. 🙂

The A7RV does do it in camera. It took next to no time to dial the parameters in when I first got it, just two settings to adjust if I remember rightly. Do you do focus stacking much?
I haven't really done a lot of it. If I am shooting wide angle at around f11 or so I can usually get a good depths of field. I see a lot of it done when you have the image with flowers in the immediate foreground and mountains at the back sort of thing. I do a lot more exposure bracketing.

I haven't really done a lot of it. If I am shooting wide angle at around f11 or so I can usually get a good depths of field. I see a lot of it done when you have the image with flowers in the immediate foreground and mountains at the back sort of thing. I do a lot more exposure bracketing.

I like to have immediate foreground in a lot of my landscape images, so focus stacking is my best friend! Never done exposure bracketing actually.

This discussion got me to check out focus stacking on the Canon R7. Appears to be a pretty simple process involving using focus bracketing and selecting the number for frames to shoot, up to 999, and set the focus increment. Looks involved for moving subjects, but I'll have to try it with a landscape shot.

Most reactions

Back