Boat House Row

Toan&Bonnie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Please let me know what you guys think, we are just starting out.

IMG_7771.jpg
boat_house_row.JPG

Last edited:
I like this shot, but personally, I would have liked more of the waterfall, and less sky.

the horizon is not straight, I agree with the previous post as well. There are so many great things to take pictures of in the city. This has to be one of the top though. I would have liked it even darker out.

Its level, the horizon is an optical illusion. Check the vertical stuff (house, door frames etc). ;)

I would crop this as a pano. Crop some of the sky and crop some off of the bottom (man-made waterfall stuff).

Well then there's an imperceptible perspective that visually my mind can't interpret. Agree with the pano.

@ guzziknight I completely agree...We have tried probably 1000's of this shot...I really liked the reflections

@ supraman215...I would have like it darker too but I kept losing other elements of the shot I actually really liked...

@ HikinMike I really love the what you did a million thank yous!!! My partner and I really appreciate all the help!

Thanks to all of you for posting these great comments...More shots to come hopefully our skill will too..lol :lol:

I think you are off to a great start....great focus & colors....the first needs lil straighten...maybe bring light level up by playing with curves, histogram..give more punch to the lovely dramatic clouds...I'd clone out the electric poles and wires at sky line on left but that's very minor detail...better to shoot dark than too light...this shot is an easy fix.
May I suggest bracketing....from same position take several diff exposures....my camera has a bracketing feature.....
The second photo I like Mike's edit....too bad they didn't have the waterfall lit....I think these are lovely shots!

Most reactions

Back