Bobby | Senior Portrait | Football player

sscarmack

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These have no been fully processed, just wanted to share. From my shoot yesterday.

15218740966_3599e7e2f5_c.jpg

15055184398_c719a31207_c.jpg

15055066750_c4ef4d0479_c.jpg

15055067560_e2568a4596_c.jpg

Cool photos.

I guess #2 and #4 are my favorites.

Thanks AmiL, I guess :D

1 and 4 are my favorites here. I REALLY like number 4. Nicely lit, great catch lights in his eyes and the locker room background is cool. I do have one small nit pick... I wish the laces on the ball were under his fingers on his right hand like he was gripping the ball to throw it. That one aspect just looks a bit unnatural to me. Otherwise nicely done.

Ahhhhh. Yes. good catch. He is actually right handed. So the laces were turned around. So I had him face them towards me.

Figured seeing the laces would add more detail than just the pigskin.

But yes I see what you mean. Good eye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One more, normal one
15070617027_65a7584ae3_c.jpg

One more, normal one
15070617027_65a7584ae3_c.jpg

Ever so slight raccoon eyes here. This seems like it could have used just a touch of full light. Definitely not as strong as the others.

Ever so slight raccoon eyes here. This seems like it could have used just a touch of full light. Definitely not as strong as the others.

This one was the only natural light out of the bunch, and it shows :(

This one was the only natural light out of the bunch, and it shows :(

I think a reflector would have made a big difference. Just a little one camera left at like 3-4 feet facing up towards his face. Or right next to the side of his face/a little in front.

Jake

I think a reflector would have made a big difference. Just a little one camera left at like 3-4 feet facing up towards his face. Or right next to the side of his face/a little in front.

Jake

I couldn't agree more, I really need to get a assistant :p haha

First one's nice, I like the next two of him but the background has some odd perspective going in those lines in the concrete - and I would have had him standing where the paint wasn't chipped off.

I like the fourth one of him but the color of the background looks drab (dark locker room obviously). Same with the B&W, nice of him, needs adjustment (looks black and gray not white).

The posing and how you engaged the subject worked great for getting good shots of him, you must be good with people.

#4 is the only one where he looks fully engaged and that's because you made use of his hands. Too much pocket pool or teen angst (constipated look) going on in the others, IMO. Nice lighting on this one. The background is very on target and even though you do have good isolation, a bit shallower DoF wouldn't have hurt.

Figured seeing the laces would add more detail than just the pigskin.
Yeah, but even if you've never thrown a football, you know this is a daft way to hold it.

Really like #4.. I like the messy locker room in the background. lol

#2 and #4 are my faves... can you edit some of his acne... Maybe clone it out on a duplicate layer and then decrease the opacity so they just look less red and splotchy? He's a handsome kid, I bet he would be thrilled if you minimized his acne!

#2 and #4 are my faves... can you edit some of his acne... Maybe clone it out on a duplicate layer and then decrease the opacity so they just look less red and splotchy? He's a handsome kid, I bet he would be thrilled if you minimized his acne!
whatb is the general rule with fixing imperfections? like a baby's stork bite.

Most reactions

Back