Body Armour

chall33

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I put this is the search thing before posting to see if there has been some real discussion on it but couldn't really find a whole lot. Anyways, does anyone use the body armour things for cameras? I was thinking of getting one for my d40 just as a safety precaution. your thoughts?

I honestly don't know many people who have destroyed their SLR camera because of a drop.

Get a good strap. Don't drop you gear. When I first got my d50 three years ago i was worried about dropping it and breaking things. Three years later, four wheeler trips, hunting trips, work, rock climbing, and god knows what else. I have yet to break a camera so don't sweat it just pay attenion to what you are doing.

I recall someone tried out body armour on their camera and found that the added size made it difficult for them to reach all the buttons - I think they took to hacking at it before abandoning it.
Like others have said a good neckstrap (andwrist strap) should help you avoid dropping the camera - a lenshood on the end will help prevent quite a bit of accidental damage to the front element of hte lens as well

consider a good UV filter as well for protection. But the armor is more of a gimick than anything in my personal opinion.

I have the body armor on my 40D.. It fits well and I have no problems using any of the buttons.. It has helped my camera maintain its original style. I have had my camera for over a year used it countless times and it looks still brand new.. i used the armor by made products... it came with a lsd screen protector and a lens cover but I must say I dont use that. but for what i paid for well worth the value...

Most reactions

Back