"Body Only" for sale means?

les_rokr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just the camera without the included lens, right?

Nothing else missing from the camera?

That's what I assumed, though I just wanted to be sure...

I didn't want to buy a camera with some internal part missing.. lol

With some cameras 'body only' can means it also lacks other necessary attachments like a viewfinder or film back, where those items are interchangeable - for example with some medium format cameras - but since we can assume you're talking about digital SLRs (based on your other posts), then yes the 'body' is all in one piece and therefore the lens is the only vital part not included.

Yeah the body, and battery are thee. Just pick up a memory card and a lens and start shooting.

By the way, lenses are not always included. The higher up the food chain you go the rarer it is to have a lens included.

I would say to make sure you read the fine print and know exactly what is being sold if you're buying online. Choosing a reputable dealer like B&H, or Adorama would be in your best interest. And remember: If it seems too good to be true...it probably is.

Stay away from Adorama. Grab one from B&H. If you chose Body Only, be sure to look at prices for the lenses as well - you may spend more than just getting the total package.

Most reactions

Back