Body shape.

elsapo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.teamwetdog.com
Is the softness on the back a good thing or not? I had wanted to shoot an image that was almost abstract, a little ambiguous and which concentrated on shape. But I think in that pursuit, this image is maybe a little too soft?

Robert Walton Photography

back.jpg

I do think it is a little soft especially since the background (sheeting?) seems to be in much sharper focus. I'm also not sure what's going on on the right side of the shot - I might have cropped it a bit so that the curve if the spine seems to flow a little more sensually. I like it overall, though - beautiful monochromes

I think the softness works well here. The photo looks like a drawing or painting. hmm the more I look at it, I think it's not a photo. Something to do with the hips/rear area... it doesn't look like a real person. I'd also get rid of the darkish mark on the back - just to be picky.

But overall I like it.

craig said:
I see the classic body shot. The full on grey bod is a problem for me. I suggest reshoot with much more highlight and less grey in the subject.
This is what my comment was going to be other than Craig said it much better than I would have. The right side of the pict also bothers me a little. Maybe crop it a little more square? I don't want to tell you what to do... let your creativity tell you what to do. Keep working!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back