Bogen/manfrotto 055MF3 and leg wraps...

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by Montana, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Montana

Montana TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Anyone on here use the Bogen/Manfrotto 055MF3 tripod? If so, and you have purchased leg wraps, can you tell me what brand &/or size you bought? I want to get some to protect the carbon fiber, but not sure which ones to get. Many people use the 055xpro series, but I am not sure if the carbon fiber legs are the same dimensions. Usually, carbon fiber products are smaller since the material is naturally more rigid. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

On another note, anyone have a recommendation for a padded tripod bag as well? Its for the above mentioned tripod with a 322RC2 ballhead (this is the grip version).

Thanks folks,

Derrick

2. Warren_G

Warren_G TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I have the 055-MF4 Mag-fibre, and dont use any wraps at all. Up here in Canada, it gets mighty cold which is why I didnt want to carry a piece of metal. The tripod legs are extremely tough, I have had mine rolling around the back of my SUV, and there isnt a noticeable mark on them. Besides, why would you want to cover up that beautiful CF? :wink:

3. Montana

Montana TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    LOL. I am sure they are tough Warren. They are great looking as well. Guess I am just really particular with my equipment (actually~everything I own). Almost everything from my photo gear to my diesel pickup looks like the day it was made. I like to keep things 'pristine" I guess.

(keep that in mind folks when I sell some of my used equipment) LOL

Derrick

4. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Try foam pipe insulators; available from hardware and plumbing stores in three foot lengths for anywhere from $1.00 - $4.00 each depending on the foam thickness and pipe-diamter they're meant for. Secure with duct tape, beat the snot out of them, replace as required.

5. Montana

Montana TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks T/I. I thought about that, but duct tape is so....80's. LOL

Derrick