Bokeh...how did i do?

Natural_Disaster

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Tried to get my niece to appear normal..but of course, she wanted to make faces....
How did i do with the focus in these two...

4377590192_25b0940673_o.jpg

4376841389_da64d6f586_o.jpg

Uggg they look so grainy when i upload them...

I really LOVE #2. It's a bit dark though, and could use a crop imo.

This is what I was thinking:

halfface.jpg

Then again, what do I know.

Good capture though, good emotion, just a bit dark on the right.

Thanks...i was gonna crop some off the right..but uploaded to flickr and forgot lol.
I agree its too dark as well...I like your edit except...it makes it look like shes frowning or trying to force a smile....(or is it just me) that one little spot at the corner of her lips. Other than that, i think the lightening did make it better!

What the hell is with the word "bokeh?" It's called a shallow depth of field!

I figured it was kinda like this....Bokeh is the effect you get...DOF is what gives you the effect....
Bokeh occurs for parts of the scene that lie outside the depth of field.
But im still very new to all the terms so......

Thanks...i was gonna crop some off the right..but uploaded to flickr and forgot lol.
I agree its too dark as well...I like your edit except...it makes it look like shes frowning or trying to force a smile....(or is it just me) that one little spot at the corner of her lips. Other than that, i think the lightening did make it better!

Thanks, it was a quick couple-minute deal so I didn't even notice it at first. I was using Viveza to sort of lighten up a few spots without making it obvious.

Also since it seems to be such an issue..
Wiki:
In photography, bokeh is the blur or the aesthetic quality of the blur,in out-of-focus areas of an image, or "the way the lens renders out-of-focus points of light.
Really, I think you may have had a more interesting shot (as far as the 'bokeh' is concerned) with a high f-number, then again the background may have become distracting.

Most reactions

Back