Bokeh on a centipede?

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Hooker771, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Hooker771

Hooker771 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    SO i guess I may have a bug problem. I got my reverse ring in for my 50mm and started looking for bugs to photo in my house. I found plenty in my finished basement. My wife said she cant believe she has to compete with bugs now. I guess im going to have to buy an external flash now. These are my first pics of this sort. I used extension tubes as well.

[​IMG]

This dude bit me pretty good. Didnt hurt but scared the sh*t our of me.

[​IMG]

I caught this dude flying in the park. I was pleased with the eyes.

[​IMG]

2. TJ K

TJ K No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    None of them are really in clear focus or sharp. Especially number 2. 3 is the best just because it's clearer than the rest and has some more detail. I say just keep practicing maybe get a macro lens if you really like this kind of shooting and have fun.
    tj

3. Flash Harry

Flash Harry TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Depth of field and light are the biggest problems with Macro, especially with tubes and lens reversal, stop down the lens (F8 F11 F16) and focus 1/3 in to the subject, use flash. H

4. Hooker771

Hooker771 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I am getting very interested in this type of photography real quick. What kind of lens would you reccomend for this for a Canon XS?

Also, when I reverse my lens my F is F00. I can not manipulate the F stop at all when the lens is reversed. That is why I only have a small window of focus. How do I change the F when in reverse?