Bonjour from Paris

nathanlegiehn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are a couple shots I have taken while attending a photography school here in Paris. I have never really done any landscape work before but I think it turned out alright for the most part. Let me know what you think!

Thanks!!!

4765476806_8f1ecdb79a_b.jpg

4764774301_1181238a12_b.jpg

4757124177_14c8b58257_b.jpg

4756176470_094662fddd_b.jpg

The first pic is considerably over-exposed and the washed out background destroys the shot. The second includes the speed effect through panning but more of the face is absolutely necessary for any people-type shot. The third seems slightly over-exposed as well and the moon should either not be there or not be over-exposed. The question in the viewer's mind for this shot is; "What is the centre of interest?" The last one is most visually interesting, but some postprocessing would be helpful in the foreground.

skieur

I'm going to go ahead and disagree with skieur, I think the first shot is my favorite. I read your headline and that first image struck my as a very Parisian image. Throw conventional photography out the window and shoot the images you want regardless of exposure levels.

The only shot I'm not into is the mo-ped shot, it just doesn't do much for me.

And as a final note, the last shot would have been a great opportunity to try a HDR capture.

I too disagree with skieur. I think the first shot works really well... only thing i would say would be to try and get a little more lens flare... but that is by far my fav of the series you posted. Nice work!

Josh

I acturally love the first one. The light loves the biker.

Most reactions

Back