bonn0010.jpg

bonn5638.jpg

DCP_1911.jpg

DCP_1912.jpg

DCP_1998.jpg

DCP_1999.jpg

DCP_2237.jpg

DCP_2391.jpg

And one of me... in an airport... not like I was there a lot or anything... :confused:
DCP_2403.jpg

Well, I hope you enjoyed!
As you can see I'm not the greatest architectural photog there is... :confused:

:mrgreen:

What????
I pushed you????
Oh, come on... ;) :greenpbl:

Ha!
So here they are at last, your photos from BONN.
And you are right. It must have changed lots in the past 25 years. There are quite a number of places that you have seen and photographed that I don't remember at all. But you DID photograph the university building once. Your photo No.4 shows it! That is main building of Bonn Uni all right! Yay! :) It is still there! :D (As if it wouldn't be...)

And I do recognise the corner in Photo 5, with the Court of Justice building --- there was a tram way back then... I guess the trams have all gone?

I have no idea where that fountain could be. I have never seen it before. But it could be on Friedensplatz where I lived... they told me that square got incorporated into the pedestrian precinct, but this is me just guessing here.

Of course, I recognise the "Münster" (cathedral) in any photo of yours that shows part of it - you can see the whole (minus the tip of the highest spire) in that torn pic of mine.

Would those old facades be houses in the main shopping street? I never bothered to scan that one photo, for I deemed it not good enough... but I still might, just so we can compare.

One thing Ive noticed when I see pictures of Germany, they have this quality that makes them look kinda vintage (the pictures I mean). My fiance was born in Stuttgart, and he has a lot of pics of him as a kid in and around Germany, I don't know why but these have the same feeling as his pics, which were taken 20 some odd years ago!

Karalee said:
One thing Ive noticed when I see pictures of Germany, they have this quality that makes them look kinda vintage (the pictures I mean). My fiance was born in Stuttgart, and he has a lot of pics of him as a kid in and around Germany, I don't know why but these have the same feeling as his pics, which were taken 20 some odd years ago!
yeah, I was born in Germany. so all the pictures of me as a little kid are in places like that.... haha

Most reactions

New Topics

Back