Book for beginner?

mojer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have been reading lots online about making the jump from point and shoot to D-SLR. Can someone recommend a good book (or even a website) that discusses the aspects of SLR photography (lighting, lenses, camera functions, ect)? Thanks

click the understanding exposure link in my sig. :)

a good book "Understanding Exposure" by Brian Peterson...and hang out on this forum as well, you could find great tips here.

Definitely check out the book.

Also, check out this site for a beginner friendly guide to DSLRs.

Petersons book is one of those you go back to over time. I've read the green -2/3 stop section five times and still don't fully understand it, but things have greatly improved for me with the book.

I have an old collection of Ansel Adams books, but they don't help at my level. Way advanced stuff. Sometimes I will think of something I read in them when I'm out shooting but not too often. I find them slow to digest.

Petersons book is one of those you go back to over time. I've read the green -2/3 stop section five times and still don't fully understand it, but things have greatly improved for me with the book.

There was a thread about that a while back: link.

Best,
Helen

I am getting ready to purchase Understanding Exposure.

Are there any other books I should consider purchasing along with Understanding Exposure for a beginning photogaphy with a new Nikon D80?

I am totally news to this all and am wanting to learn as much as possible...

P.S. Most of the photography I will be doing is nature and architecture.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back