Book Recommendation - see below

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by tacomadm18, Apr 9, 2010.

1. tacomadm18

tacomadm18 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Can anyone recommend a book that walks you through the settings of any specific shot,,, maybe your looking to blur an object in the background,,, or taking a pic of water,, ie., running stream, or sunset,,,,
    So for any specific shot you are trying to capture the book would give you a good starting point,, as an example,,, start in TV mode,,, use such and such setting, etc, etc,,,

Hope I made this clear enough,,,,,

thanks
    glen

2. pbelarge

pbelarge TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Taco

Go to search on the top of the page. Type in Books, make sure you have Threads selected.

You will see this page pop up. The Photo Forum - Photography Discussion Forum - Search Results

In each one of those threads, there are all kinds of suggestions from books to tutorials.
    Good luck, happy reading and get back to us in about 6 months after reading all of it. :mrgreen:

3. Johnboy2978

Johnboy2978 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Start here: Understanding exposure - Bryan Peterson
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Exposure-Photographs-Digital-Updated/dp/0817463003/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1270863360&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Understanding Exposure: How to Shoot Great Photographs with a Film or Digital Camera (Updated Edition) (9780817463007): Bryan Peterson: Books[/ame]

4. ficklepie

ficklepie TPF Noob!

The type of book you are looking for (taking you through different types of shots) sounds like the Scott Kelby books:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Photography-Book-Scott-Kelby/dp/032147404X]Amazon.com: The Digital Photography Book (9780321474049): Scott Kelby: Books[/ame]

5. gryphonslair99

gryphonslair99 Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    No, because there are no books that can tell you what settings to use for a specific shot. There are however some good books already mentioned by others in this and other threads that will teach you the relationship of Shutter speed, Aperture, and ISO. Once you understand those you will understand what settings to use to get the effect you want.