Book recommendation. Which book?

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by Frankieplus, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Frankieplus

Frankieplus TPF Noob!

I'm a professional video camera operator and have played around with photography years ago but never got beyond what I think is an intermediate level with limited experience.

When I first bought my SLR I used to use it in Auto mode then started tinkering with manual mode, playing around with exposure but at a beginner's level. I never really got into it.. All I know is that there is a balance you have to find between shutter, aperture and ISO speed to get the right shot and that's about it. I don't know much about actual camera settings and know hardly anything about film.

Now I want to get into it and want a book to read and learn professional photography. I'm not a total beginner to 'photography' because I am a professional cameraman so I understand composition, depth of field, etc so I'm not after one of those books that tell you how to compose a shot.. (the real beginner type books)

So based on what I described about myself, could someone here recommend a book or two that I could buy and read during my oversease trip?

Oh, it's digital photography I'm interested in. Will be buying my first digital SLR soon. Probably a Canon 20/30D.

-Frankie

2. Rob

Rob TPF Noob!

3. Soocom1

Soocom1 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit

Look into the Magic lantern books. The generally are the best, and are usually very up to date. The provide good information, and are much easyer to follow than the owner's manuals.

http://www.larkbooks.com/Book/CategoryDisplay.asp?SectionKey=946106