Book Scene Suggestions

Discussion in 'Photographic Discussions' started by Easy_Target, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Easy_Target

Easy_Target TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Not sure if this is in the right section but here goes. I have to do a project for my photography II class that's a semester long. I talked to the professor about it and was given permission to do two different topics.

I will have to hand in 20 B&W fiber prints of any size for the project to be judged during portfolio review.
    • First topic: I chose "nature." Basically my idea is to do nothing but macro shots of flowers, insects, animals, etc. All the subjects MUST be living animate things. I'm aiming to have a very narrow depth of field so that the subject is in focus. When printing I'm going to burn out the background completely or near completely so that the primary focus is on the subject.

From my facebook:
      http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v196/100/58/27604146/n27604146_33471288_3936.jpg

(composed and took the shot in about 30 seconds then spent another 2 minutes in PS playing with levels and contrast; decided not to burn out the BG completely)
    • Second topic: This one is going to be from books. I'm taking scenes from a novel and then going out and trying to take pictures that are parallel or reflect that scene in the book.
    For example if I chose the Keyes' Flowers for Algernon scene where Charlie is in the restaurant and chastises the other customers and resents himself for laughing at the busboy for dropping all the dishes, then I would try and find a similar situation to reflect that.

Where do you all come in? I'd like suggestions of particular scenes from books that you have read or are your favorites for the second assignment. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

2. crystal_lynn

crystal_lynn I am sure I sound childish

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Can it be any book? As in the Bible? Look at my signature below I think that would make a great picture, but it is not really a scene from a book.

Also you could use textbooks and how to books as your "scene". Like a dog training book or Science textbook. Ohh, what about those pamphlets from the police department lobby? Those could be fun!