I am Big, I am Mike
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mikehodson.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Holy Crap! Lightning just hit a tree that is only 5 feet from the building I work in. It shook the whole building (steel shop & office). Car alarms were going off etc.

We didn't notice the damage at first, we just knew that it was the loudest we'd ever heard. Then we saw that a tall tree was on fire near the top. The Fire Dept. just left after a quick soaking from the hose.

There were several other strikes in the vicinity that we could see & hear, I don't know about damage though.

:shock:

...and I thought it only snowed up there. :mrgreen:

Holy Crap! Lightning just hit a tree that is only 5 feet from the building I work in. It shook the whole building (steel shop & office). Car alarms were going off etc.

We didn't notice the damage at first, we just knew that it was the loudest we'd ever heard. Then we saw that a tall tree was on fire near the top. The Fire Dept. just left after a quick soaking from the hose.

There were several other strikes in the vicinity that we could see & hear, I don't know about damage though.

:shock:

:addpics:

Wow! Never been around a lightning strike so close as the one you describe. Glad you're ok (and your ears as well)...

Pics
Tree_Fire_-_1.jpg

Firemen.jpg

Wow! That's a little too close for comfort!

Sounds like no one was injured (except the tree) so that's good. :thumbup:

After a big thunderstorm a few nights ago, my husband and I were sitting on the front porch to enjoy the post-storm cooler temps and a large tree in our neighbor's yard cracked, broke at the base and crashed to the ground about 30 yards away. It was incredibly loud! (But no fire.)

It's storming here again right now...a lot of rolling thunder and my radio keeping cutting in & out.

I really wish it would stop raining so often, we had some water get into our basement this week. :(

Most reactions

Back