pez

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I used to make boomerangs... a lot.
15087778417_131f588e20_o.jpg

I like this

I would never have realised these were boomerangs unless you'd mentioned it. Very nice.

Very cool shot, almost abstract.

kewl colors and patterns as Sean says looks abtract

Love the photo. Agree with it being abstract.

Well that's a hobby that you can always go back to.

My boomerang never came back to me. It was a short-lived hobby that only went in one-direction.

I like this

I would never have realised these were boomerangs unless you'd mentioned it. Very nice.

Very cool shot, almost abstract.

kewl colors and patterns as Sean says looks abtract

Well that's a hobby that you can always go back to.

Love the photo. Agree with it being abstract.

My boomerang never came back to me. It was a short-lived hobby that only went in one-direction.

Thanks! It's been quite a while since I've made these things, but I've been thinking about getting into it again. I used to travel around to boomerang tournaments back in the day (yes they exist, lol), and had developed 20-something different models that I sold and traded with other makers. My walls are full of boomerangs of all types. As a sport for exercise, it's not so great because the better you are at it, the less exercise you get- but it's way fun.
BTW if it doesn't return, it's just a stick... :)

Cool photo. If you do get back into making them, how much would one cost? I've always wanted a nice boomerang.

Thanks! It's been quite a while since I've made these things, but I've been thinking about getting into it again. I used to travel around to boomerang tournaments back in the day (yes they exist, lol), and had developed 20-something different models that I sold and traded with other makers. My walls are full of boomerangs of all types. As a sport for exercise, it's not so great because the better you are at it, the less exercise you get- but it's way fun.
BTW if it doesn't return, it's just a stick... :)

I see what you mean about it being exercise. It was mostly me throwing it and having to go get it. Maybe it was just a stick? :icon_scratch:

Reactions: pez
Cool photo. If you do get back into making them, how much would one cost? I've always wanted a nice boomerang.
In the late '80s, I was selling nicely painted ones for $15-$25, so now it would have to be considerably more due to inflation. More mass-produced booms are a better deal if you just want to toss them. Hand-made boomerangs have to be individually "tuned" for maximum performance- and that's after the initial development of a particular model, of course. But check out Rich Harrison's ("Boomerang Man") web page for some great, reasonably priced boomerangs from excellent makers- and some good inexpensive polymer booms. Here's a classic vid with my old friend Eric Darnell, a Grand Master of boomerangs:

Most reactions

Back