Boots on a Wire

seven

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
Yes, another "Does this look old" thread. I wanted this picture to look old and I have done a bunch of tweaks in photoshop, but I don't think I got it right. So.... Pick one of the two below, and if they aren't to your liking, I'll link to a larger BW version so it's OTE. (there are borders because I was going to post one of them in the General Gallery. I couldn't decide between the two, and they just didn't look right.) If you do like one of the two, please critique it.

I used film grain, noise, and sepia tone
oldshoesframe.jpg

Same tweaks as above but used crosshatching on it also
oldshoescrosshatchhh.jpg

And the OTE version http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a112/randerson10/Random/Old%20Shoes/P1010789.jpg

Post your thoughts.

This is a pretty tough one. I think what makes it hard, is that there aren't very many elements to work with. I don't know if this is even close to what you had in mind?
Most of it was done with PS, but I also used a tint plug-in from 55mm. I think you can apply a tint with PS on a seperate layer and lower the opacity to get the same effect. The edges were dodged and I had to burn around the boots from the contrast boost. The area around the boots and the wire needs more burn work though to help it blend in.

46707200-M.jpg

Hmmm... that's close to what I was thinking. I forgot to mention that a sepia tone and scratches and such on the pic is what I was thinking. woodsac, you did exactly what I wanted to do with the BW version. Thanks!

Most reactions

Back