Border Detail + Pano Frames?

Turnerea

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've seen some photos online that have a very slick looking border IMO- it seems like they just put a white layer over the outside 40 pixels or so, and turn down the opacity- couldn't find any good examples quickly now, but there have been some up on the TPF. I tried doing this with my latest project, and I also added a gradient to the outside instead of choosing to actually overlap the image itself. It just doesn't look quite right to me...the white overlay makes it look as if I chose the colors to do the gradient with incorrectly (matches the edges of the top of the image without the white overlay). Any suggestions for ways to make this look cleaner? (Disregard the marching ants.. took a screenshot as it was much quicker than waiting to save another jpg copy... file size is a bit nuts).

And a more direct question- anyone have a good source for panoramic frames? I tried searching around online and found a lot of different sizes, but none that were big enough for what I'd like to do... at least 20" long. For those who do panoramic images alot, do you just get custom frames made??

Picture2.png

Alot of them come from framing programs, which you can find with a google search. To do your own, I found it best to increase the canvas size and do some drop shadow stuff. Just takes playing around till you get what you want,

Most reactions

Back