Bordering/Framing images

Big Stu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Just wondering what people's choice of bordering techniques were?

In my class i'm being told to use the crop tool, extending it over the image, but i find this doesn't give me quite as much as control as i'd like.

I know there's also editing the canvas size, does this offer any benefits?

Or perhaps there's a programme (or Photoshop function) i'm missing that'll add your personalised boarder everytime?

Big Stu said:
I know there's also editing the canvas size, does this offer any benefits?

its the quickest imo, especially if you want to make the boarder a specific size for a particular image.....

Big Stu said:
Or perhaps there's a programme (or Photoshop function) i'm missing that'll add your personalised boarder everytime?

yep, you can make an 'action' for your boarders.... do a few searches on google for 'creating actions' and you should find a few tutorials. Once you've made one by specifying say 100pixels all round... it will give you that size boarder every time you click it.

Personally tho, i just use the 'image size' window everytime i want to present an image.... that way i can decide whether it will look best with a large or small boarder.... or black vs white.... ;)

Archangel said:
yep, you can make an 'action' for your boarders.... do a few searches on google for 'creating actions' and you should find a few tutorials.
Excellent. So i did a search, and found this. So, just so i understand, i can setup an action, then upon choosing it for instance, i can insert a new boarder, and (if necessary) a signature?

Of course, i would just try it myself rather than ask more questions, but i can't currently access Photoshop.

yep, you can create one in a similar way to that tutorial....

I'll pm you another link you may be interested in.... but i dont want to use a link here ;)

Most reactions

Back