Borders and copyright info?

Sideburns

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hey guys. I see all of you with black borders and copyright info in the bottom right....
I have always wanted to do it, but I dont' want to do it for every single photo...

I tried doing it for just one on photoshop, but the way the tutorial did it, it cropped the edges of the photo even more...

Is there a way to batch process it?

I have PS CS3 and lightroom....

Thanks a lot

You can create an action for it. Mine starts with scaling the image down to 700 pixels and 72 dpi then enlarging the canvas size by 50? pixels in white, then dropping a shadow from the actual picture so it appears to be floating, and then applies the signature bottom right. I haven't used the action in a while basically b/c I've been too lazy to update my signature to read © 2007 instead of 2006.

I don't even know what an action is...lol.

Could you be more specific? Just generic steps to do it...I'm no dummy in photoshop, but I've never really done this kind of automation stuff before. Thanks!

hi, there are different ways of adding borders to a picture, i created 2 psd files (one for portraits and one for landscapes) and spesified there sizes to the size i usually print. After that i made many different border styles each on a different layer. When i need to add borders to a picture i just insert it on that psd file, put my picture layer below all other layers and i just make visible or hide the layers with the borders to see which border look better with my picture. If you want to have the same border to all of your pictures you can just create only 1 border.

I use ImageMagick for my batch border and watermarking tasks. A little harder to learn than PS for someone who has always used a GUI, but extremely much more powerful and flexible.

There's no easy way to do this? I want borders on files that I export...but I don't want to have to make a different one for each size picture...let's just say I want to put a 10px border with the copyright info .....

Is there not a way to do that?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back