Borders

dab_20

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have Photoshop CS3, and it is my first time using a photo editing program. I have no clue how to put a border onto my photos. Someone told me to increase the canvas size and fill with a color.... well how do I increase the canvas size??

(Sorry if this is a completely obvious question; I just cannot figure it out!)

Step One: Start Photoshop and open the image that you want to add a border to.

Step Two: To create a border around the entire picture, open the Select menu and choose Select All. To create a border around a certain section, use the Selection tool in the toolbar and select the area you want.

Step Three: From the Select menu, choose Modify and then Border. In the dialog box, choose the pixel size of your border.

Step Four: Locate the color palette on the left-hand side of the screen. Click on the top square and select a border color from the palette. Click OK.

Step Five: Select Fill from the Edit menu. In the dialog box, choose the options to apply to the border.

Step Six: Click OK to view the border. If the results aren't what you want, select Undo from the Edit menu to remove the fill, then try again.

Step Seven: Use the Save As command in the File menu to save the new picture

http://www.ehow.com/how_6395_add-border-picture.html

You can find answers to most of your photoshop questions by using google. Photoshop tutorials are ALL over the web. It's a very difficult program to figure out for a beginner. If you are going to stick with it, you'll need many hours working with it. It would be smart to get a book.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back