Boredom Makes You Do Crazy Things...

MikeBookPro

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.stillstories.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm sitting at home, it's raining outside, it's almost midnight. But, I have a new camera! So, I took a couple of IKEA lights off of my desk, and made a little ghetto product photography lighting set-up. Two IKEA Grono lamps, a piece of aluminum foil, and a couple sheets of copy paper.

3835187565_0e0a54cedf_o.jpg

It didn't come out great by any means, but I think a little rig like this would work just fine for little eBay items or something like that.

3835979342_8eb51a21b1_o.jpg

Boredom sure does make me do things like this.
Wanted to go out and take pics all day, but it was raining.

So i was snapping some shots of all these Nascar collectables that my dad has, did not really like how they came out though..

But looks like it will be another rainy day down south again tomorrow, so I'll be back at it.

I like the quality of the bottom pic though.:p

I agree, it's not 'great' by any means. But you're right, it looks way better then half the stuff i've seen on ebay, as well as other etailers.

Hi Mike, thanks for showing the details of your experiment. I'm actually surprised the final shot didn't look better than it does... what was your ISO setting at? It looks pretty noisy to me for a shot inches away from the lights.

Hi Mike, thanks for showing the details of your experiment. I'm actually surprised the final shot didn't look better than it does... what was your ISO setting at? It looks pretty noisy to me for a shot inches away from the lights.

ISO400. I'm pretty sure the noise is the product of a low-quality JPG export. The original doesn't look as noisy, but there is definitely some noise.

well la te da...thats 2 more ikea lights than i have lol. I only have 1 flash to play with haha. I'm getting pretty creative though. I'm using table cloths for backdrops! Maybe I'll put some pics up. Sucks when you dont have the toys you want huh. It's like being 10 and finding out your neighbor just got a nintendo and you are stuck playing candyland!

Bahaha. I was just looking at those little Ikea lamps the other day to help decorate my new condo (there's this corner that's just a world of darkness; gotta get some light in there). I dig the soft light that comes from them. Mmmm.

i think the second shot can very well be sold to Tylenol ... it has that commercial photography effect =)

looks great, and thanks for sharing the picture of the lighting setup. :)

How about something like this :

LINK

I've looked at this kit in a store and as soon as you bring it home you would 1/ throw out the lights (very little power), 2/ throw out the tripod and 3/ the background is a material that I think will give you a h*ll of a time with wrinkles. The box itself is fine and it folds.

But the cardboard box version as seen on the strobist only cost a couple of dollars to make.
:D

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back